Monday, March 26, 2012

Email Letter - March 26, 2012


First off thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! You're all great! This week was great. We did quite a bit and ran into some very interesting people. I think we ran into someone from just about every race, religion and denomination that's available in Roseville while we tracted and talked to people. We had a guy tell us that we could murder or commit adultery and still live in Christ's presence as long as we accepted Him and  that was it. That case, with many others, made me really see why missionary work is so important. Not to degrade any of these great people but they're absolutely wrong and need to hear the Truth and His message. Sadly most of them won't.
We're doing well with the people we're teaching. We're getting ready to hand off Maria and her daughter to some other missionaries. We found out she doesn't live in our area so she isn't within our stewardship. It's a bummer but it's the right thing to do, and needs to be done. We're still searching and trying to find those "seekers of truth" as Elder Maynes put it a few weeks ago.
Transfer calls came in last night. I'm staying and my new comp is Elder Warren, a missionary that came out the same time Elder Thueson did. From what I understand he's a hard worker and is in the good habits of working hard from his last area. It'll be good. I'm excited to have him. He's from Idaho, so I'm on a no Utah companion streak of 4. Not one from the home front. It's kind of different from most missionary's experiences I think. No big deal, I love them all anyway. Besides, if the Utah vs Idaho conversation comes up again, all I need to say is Idaho touches Canada.
Love you all, take care, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment