Monday, April 2, 2012

Email Letter - April 2, 2012


HI everybody! (Hi Elder King!)
This week was so great. I just love conference. The Prophets, Seers, and Revelators are just my favorite. I won't go into too much detail about talks but I will say I think my favorite of all of talks was President Eyring's in the saturday morning session. I think I pulled more out of that talk than any other and it really just hit home to me. You know how sometimes you feel as if the prophets are speaking right to you and not to any of the other 14 million members of the church? That was one of those talks.
Things this week were pretty rough still, that's what happens when you're core study is Christ-like attributes at the time and you happen to be studying patience in depth though. It happens.  But it was so much better than the last few weeks. Elder Warren, who is from Wyoming not Idaho, just right on the border between the two, has made all the difference in the work. It's nice to have someone that just wants to have fun but wants to have fun while he works hard. We match up really well that way and we get along super well too.  So even just in that aspect it's been really good. We're working really hard to find some people to teach right now, we've had to turn over just about everyone we've been teaching except for Kristian and Vitta, who came to conference Saturday and happened to see Elder Holland's talk. We're hoping that'll juice them up and help them to see the need to be baptized.
As far as moving goes it hasn't happened yet. We're hoping it'll happen in the next couple of weeks. The senior missionary in charge of the housing is checking out all of the apartments today and will be making the decision. So we should hear about it soon and then hop to. It's going to be good to get out of the place we're at now, the spirit just can't be there. We feel bad for the people moving in after us though, poor people. Have to deal with weed smell and munchies and the such. But at least I'll be out of there!
Anyway, there isn't too much to say about the week. But I love you guys, I hope all is well. Take good care and have a happiness filled week!

No comments:

Post a Comment