Monday, April 8, 2013

Email Letter - April 8, 2013

Hey everyone! Let me tell you this week was awesome. I'm happy to be where I am and am really enjoying it here in Loomis. This week was hectic though, but I'd rather have that than boring. Let me break it down.

I arrived in Loomis on Tuesday right about 12:30, we babysat another missionary until his companion got into town, then went to dinner at this house I thought was huge at the time. That opinion has changed a bit. After that we had a lesson with a less-active and things were good.

Wednesday we had a sweet lesson with a young woman that will be getting baptized soon. We're hoping the 27th, we're just trying to find the right way to stop members from jumping in after we extend the invitation to be baptized. We also threw down on the non-member half of the part member family we ate with. Of course it doesn't matter when they don't care, but we won. That's the important thing.

Thursday was littered with meetings and planning sessions, another lesson with that same woman and a lesson with a 9 year old that was baptized on Friday.

Friday was the crazy day. Zone leader meeting in Gridley, almost 2 hours away, that started at 9 and ended at 2. We had a lesson with a new investigator at 4, then we rushed over to fill the font for RJ, the 9 year old, to get baptized, while that was filling we cleaned the area and set up the chairs for the crowd of people. After the baptism, which was awesome, we then cleaned up the area and took down all the chairs all on our own. Then, at about 8:30 we went home and ate dinner.

Then we had the weekend to relax, at least for 2 hour periods. Conference was amazing. In between sessions was crazy though, fitting in more lessons and lunches and all sorts of other craziness. But the Spirit was there and it all worked out.

Two talks that hit me really hard, I learned a lot from all of them but I really enjoyed Brother Beck's talk in the Sunday Morning session about acceptance and Elder Kopischke's talk that afternoon about ministering. It was really a great conference.

I appreciate you all and love you all, take care and we'll talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment