Monday, January 7, 2013

Email Letter - January 7, 2013

Hey everyone. So it was a good, but fairly uneventful week. Dennis, the super prepared man from last week's email cancelled his lesson but we'll be getting back with him this week to begin teaching him. We're excited for that. Aside from that the main thing to bring up is something I'm not too happy about but may cause some excitement on your end. Due to the age change, the MTC time will be shortened. And to accommodate that, all missions world wide will be having a 5 week transfer next transfer. What this means is that all missionaries that are in the field for that transfer will be coming home one week early. That makes my return date June 25th as opposed to July 2nd. It's been officially announced and the reaction I've seen for the most part is the same  as mine.

It will all work out, I guess it's what the Lord wants right now so I'll go with it. All the more reason to make the best of what time I have. Myself and the rest of the missionaries around here will just have to move on and accept it. But maybe I'll be able to get some sort of permission to stay or something. It'll all work out to how the Lord wants.

Recently I've been really focusing on my relationship with Christ, I heard a talk a little bit ago that mentioned that it isn't enough to know about him but that we really have to know him, and that's what I'm looking for now. I've realized that recently I've come to know him much better than I did before, but I'm not where I want to be yet. It's kind of interesting because as I've been on this train of thought there have been a few scriptures that have all linked themselves together. Christ calls Himself the Truth (John 14:6), in Doctrine and Covenants 93:24 Truth is defined as a knowledge of things past present and future, or in other words the Plan of Salvation. There were two big things that come from knowing the Truth that I picked up on as well. First, the Truth will set you free( John 8:32) and that when we really come to know the truth we would rather die than sin (Alma 24:19). What's really cool as that all of those scriptures somehow came up in my study this last week as I was reading in the General conference Ensign and Jesus the Christ and where I am at in my Book of Mormon reading. 
 
It's been really cool and I've enjoyed it a lot.
 
I love you guys, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment