Monday, December 10, 2012

Email Letter - December 10, 2012

Hello everyone! Comin at you from Chico, CA. It's pretty different here, mostly because I'm actually in Orland, which is about 20 miles outside of Chico. A really small town, about 6.5 thousand and mostly spanish speakers out there to farm. There are ranches, orchards and rice fields everywhere! It's pretty fun though.

Elder Knight is my new companion, go ahead and make the jokes. a king and a knight walked into a bar... I don't know a punchline for that but it's only a matter of time before someone in the ward comes up with one. There are about 60 people in the ward that come every week, and a lot, a LOT of less-active members here. It's one of those places people go to get away. Good thing I'm so familiar with that.

The area has been slow for a few weeks now. They had a lot of baptisms recently but didn't find anyone to replace those people to be taught. And the town is very familiar with missionaries as it's been tracted up over and over again. But that happens, it won't stop me. I'll build this area up again with my trusty Knight by my side, and also the Lord. Mostly the Lord

Anyway, I know it's a short one but nothing monumental happened this week. It's the start of a new life here, and I'm stoked for the work. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment