Monday, October 29, 2012

Email Letter - October 29, 2012

Hey all! It was another fair week. We did a few fun things like street contacting at the sundial bridge, went up to hayfork, had an exorcism performed, and had an exchange with the zone leaders.
At the sundial bridge, people were really cold. The only people that let us talk to them were some bethels. They were nice and all and it was good. Until we exchanged prayers at the end of our talk. We went first, said a nice simple prayer, and it was great. Then they went, it was kind of weird, they took turns as they went and were really casual. They prayed for interesting things like that we wouldn't be dizzy on our bikes. Then, when the last girl was praying, she was standing next to me, she briefly put her hand on my arm. NOT COOL! the really not good thing is, if you remember the rule from the first time I was here, was that they can pray for us, and "leave a blessing on us" as long as they don't touch us. I felt really icky. It was not good. It was the kind of feeling I have when passing the ouijii boards in Wal-mart. Not good. Not at all. So we hurried, after we had finished talking with them, up the mile long hill, and to a member's house so the evil spirit inside me could get exorcized. Yeah. Not kidding. We got there, got a blessing, and I immediately felt better. 
I sure love the priesthood and being able to discern what spirits are good and which are not. It sure is a blessing.
It was overall a really good week. No complaints here. I sure love you guys, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment