Monday, September 10, 2012

Email Letter - September 10, 2012


What's crackin' homies? Have you heard? Hayfork es en fuego. That's probably awful grammar but for those that don't speak spanish, Hayfork is on fire. It's really bad. We couldn't even see when we were leaving the smoke was so bad. Some guy apparently removed the spark guard on his chainsaw and caught the forest ablaze. It's burned a few thousand acres so far and wasn't contained at all when we took off on sunday. I don't have my bag or I would send pictures but I'm sure there are plenty online (found and added by Dad - see below) that you can see if you check it out.

Out of the fire and into the frying pan. We found out on Wednesday that we would be headed back down to Redding, effective tomorrow, and closing down Weaverville/Hayfork. We'll be going up every so often, but not as frequent. Oh well, I have faith that President is inspired and that Redding 2nd ward is where we need to be. As much as I didn't want to go. It'll be nice and hot here for us, back on bikes.

As far as the work goes, it'll be good to be in Redding, things were back to dead in Weaverville, and that was where we spent most of our time it being bigger and tractable. Redding will present some different problems but we will be alright. We'll be sure that the Bethels don't touch us and that we will win every bash with the Simpsonites, even when they quote the NIV.

Jackson and I are getting along, fairly well I think. No complaints here anyway. Though he probably thinks that I'm too weird to be a missionary. I'm trying to teach him to have fun while he works hard. He doesn't think the two go together. He's wrong! And now that we're on bikes I'll show him many a fun thing to do while not interfering with the work.

Anwyay, I love you all, be good and have a wonderful week!

September 7th, 2012 - Hayfork, CA

September 10th, 2012 - Hayfork, CA

1 comment:

  1. Sean , I miss you tons and I am so proud of you and the work you are doing.Keep smiling and remember you are loved

    ReplyDelete